Date:      Sat, 30 Aug 1997 20:22:49 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        Chris Brown <cbrown@fbti.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 120MB floppy (LS-120 from O.R. Technology)

On Fri, 29 Aug 1997, Chris Brown wrote:

> Does anyone know if the 120MB floopy drive (LS-120 from
> O.R. Technology, www.ortechnology.com) will work with FreeBSD?
> I checked the FAQ, Handbook and searched the appropriate mailing
> list archives.  I only found questions, with no real answers.

The LS-120 drives are not yet supported in FreeBSD.  If they acted more
like hard disks it may be possible to fool the wd disk driver into
thinking they're hard disks, but if they use the ATAPI protocols then it
probably won't work.

These devices are pretty ripe for a driver write, however.  Interested
parties should contact hackers@freebsd.org to get started.

Spam routed to /dev/null by Procmail    | Death to Cyberpromo