Date:      24 Apr 2002 16:17:51 -0300
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        Sean Chittenden <sean@chittenden.org>
Cc:        Chip Wiegand <chip@wiegand.org>, freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, gnome@FreeBSD.ORG, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port Mozilla - fails badly when I ran portupgrade

On Wed, 2002-04-24 at 03:22, Sean Chittenden wrote:
> > Has anyone gotten the portupgrade of mozilla to work? I have 0.9.7
> > installed and ran portupgrade after doing a cvsup. The version that
> > portupgrade tried is 1.0.whatever.rc1 (or something very close to that),
> > (the web site lists 0.9.9.3_1) and it failed miserably. I checked the
> > progress occasionally and there were many many stops and errors, it
> > finally restored the original version and stopped with a message like
> > this -(This is how much I could copy from the term window) -
>
> Upgrade mozilla-headers, mozilla-embedded, then mozilla(-source ?):
> that path seems to work for me.
>
> If anyone has any ideas why my browser is segfaulting when I access an
> SSL page, I'd be eternally greatful: using Nutscrape these days is
> painful.  There's no core being left behind either... -sc

Okay, you don't need mozilla-embedded.  You should build everything
these days with WITH_FULL_MOZILLA.  mozilla-emdedded doesn't have
working SSL.  Make sure you're launching mozilla and not the
mozilla-embedded stub.  Better yet, just uninstall mozilla-embedded.

As for SSL in full mozilla 1.0.rc1, it works fine for me.  There used to
be an issue with SSL and galeon, but that was solved after a gnomevfs
hack by sobomax.

Joe

PGP Key: http://www.marcuscom.com/pgp.asc