Date:      Mon, 11 Sep 2006 12:11:15 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Oliver Fromme <olli@lurza.secnetix.de>
To:        misc@openbsd.org, freebsd-chat@freebsd.org, netbsd-users@netbsd.org
Subject:   Re: The future of NetBSD

Thorsten Glaser wrote:
 > Marc G. Fournier dixit:
 >
 > > And what I'm learning with bsdstats.org is that there are more then just those
 > > four ... GNU/kFreeBSD is reporting
 >
 > Now _that_'s funny ;)

Yes, indeed.  Some people are really wasting their time.

 > > are there any others?
 >
 > DragonFly

Is already included on bsdstats.org.

 > DesktopBSD
 > PC-BSD

Those two aren't separate operating systems, but rather
FreeBSD with a custom GUI on top (live-FS / installer).
They shouldn't be counted separately.

 > [...]
 > picoBSD
 > nanoBSD
 >
 > The latter three are probably just stripped-down versions of
 > the bigger ones.

True.  It could be argued whether they should be counted
separately.  Personally I don't think they should.  The
"big ones" are clearly DragonFly, Free-, Net- and OpenBSD.

Best regards
   Oliver

cat man du : where Unix geeks go when they die