Date:      Sat, 21 Sep 1996 19:44:30 -0700
From:      Leonard Chung <Leonard@pacbell.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Default speed of cuaa*?

Is there any way to set the default speed of the tunnel devices?  I have a
shell script that reads and writes to a 2400 BPS modem, but since the
default speed of the /dev/cuaa0 device seems to be 9600 BPS, the modem and
the script can't communicate.  For example, if I type "cu -l /dev/cuaa0 -s
2400", then I can talk to the modem fine.  But if I type "cu -l /dev/cuaa0"
and don't specify a speed, then the port speed gets set to 9600.  Is there
any way I can change the default speed, or set the speed of the cuaa device
from within a shell script?

Thanks,

Leonard
--
Leonard Chung <Leonard@eff.org>
Support the Blue Ribbon Campaign for free speech online        ()