Date:      Wed, 19 Apr 2006 16:39:23 -0700
From:      "Ian A. Tegebo" <yontege@rescomp.berkeley.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@auscert.org.au
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to handle 'local' ports/packages?

On Wed, Apr 05, 2006 at 10:35:09AM +1000, freebsd-questions@auscert.org.au wrote:
> I'm happy with the package I've made, as it enables me to check what
> version is installed with pkg_info, I just want it to play nicely with
> other real ports!
I'm after the same thing.

I did come across /usr/ports/Tools/scripts/addport and

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/committers-guide/ports.html

I've posted in freebsd-ports about this issue under the subject
"Maintaining Site Specific Ports" and have one response at the moment that
gives a succinct set of steps to try.

Now I'm starting to think about how to create a portsnap mirror that
serves as a distfile proxy and local repository for my site's ports.

--
Ian Tegebo