Date:      Mon, 14 Jul 1997 21:01:54 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "J. Utz" <spaz@u.washington.edu>
To:        Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Yet another snap of the sound code...

Hi luigi

i manged to figure out how to get the files from your web page..would
pointers to the directory be appropriate, or was there some simple trick
in netscape that i did not understand ( i would up pointing my browser at
the file., waited till it stopped loading the tgz file as a page, and then
i saved the page :-)

as far as a config file is concerned...

i have :

pas-16

mss op3/1848 thingy

musicquest mqx16s ( "real mpu 401" with chase lock sync )

turtle beach maui wavetable synth, mpu-401 ( this gaily panics the system
on my 2.2-ALPHA box whenever i try and run playmidi with the maui as the
midi device )

my primary interest is in..well...getting any of them to work better than
they do...

i dont know how much time i have to mess with this, but i will compile a
pas16 kernel tonight.

i would like to help really shake out the midi stuff, but i doubt i will
have the time.....and i may have a serious conflict of interest with my
new job working at a local microsoft contractor...

nonetheless, i can at least make suggestions.....

john

 John Utz	spaz@u.washington.edu
	idiocy is the impulse function in the convolution of life