Date:      Mon, 7 Jan 2019 09:14:36 -0500
From:      Shawn Webb <shawn.webb@hardenedbsd.org>
To:        "Jayachandran C." <jchandra@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Ed Maste <emaste@freebsd.org>, "freebsd-arm@freebsd.org" <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: ThunderX2 support in FreeBSD/arm64

--khubinwqy4wjfi5c

On Thu, Jan 03, 2019 at 12:51:26PM -0800, Jayachandran C. wrote:
> (Was AFK for a while, sorry for the late reply)
> Hi Ed,
>=20
> On Fri, Dec 21, 2018 at 11:15 AM Ed Maste <emaste@freebsd.org> wrote:
> >
> > On Mon, 17 Dec 2018 at 21:51, Jayachandran C. <jchandra@freebsd.org> wr=
ote:

> > > Over the last few weeks I have committed changes for a few outstanding
> > > items needed for ThunderX2 support in FreeBSD/arm64.
> >
> > I see that D10082, D10083, D10084 are still open, awaiting review.
> > Should I apply them to my test tree?
> >
> > My current status - loader claims to start the kernel, but I see no
> > further output. Can you share the kernel config file you used (or
> > perhaps a git tree you built from)?
>=20
> There seems to be 2 issues here - both of them happen when the AMI
> firmware is used.
> The first issue is that the efi framebuffer does not work, and I am
> not able to select the serial console with AMI firmware. The second
> issue is that the on-chip SATA controller is not setup correctly by
> the AMI firmware and can cause a 'NBU BAR error' failure.
>=20
> I have uploaded a test firmware and instructions to
> https://people.freebsd.org/~jchandra/testfw/ which should boot FreeBSD
> fine. This is an internal build which does not have both the problems
> above. Let me know if this works, and I will try to push the fixes to
> AMI.

Following your instructions, when doing the hpm upgrade step, I get
the following messages:

PICMG HPM.1 Upgrade Agent 1.0.9:

Error getting target upgrade capabilities, ccode: 0xc1: Invalid command
Board might not be supporting the HPM.1 Standards

Thanks,

--=20
Shawn Webb
Cofounder and Security Engineer
HardenedBSD

Tor-ified Signal:    +1 443-546-8752
Tor+XMPP+OTR:        lattera@is.a.hacker.sx
GPG Key ID:          0x6A84658F52456EEE
GPG Key Fingerprint: 2ABA B6BD EF6A F486 BE89  3D9E 6A84 658F 5245 6EEE

--khubinwqy4wjfi5c

--khubinwqy4wjfi5c--