Date:      Mon, 25 Apr 2016 03:17:11 +0200
From:      Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
To:        dewey@posteo.net
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: (no subject)

On Mon, 25 Apr 2016 03:11:48 +0200, dewey@posteo.net wrote:
> I use Linux Mint. I want to try Free BSD. I downloaded the dvr version.
> It will not run without a user name and a password. What are these? What
> user name and password do I use?

Initially, there are no users preinstalled. The user "root" (usually
associated with the role of the system administrator) is meant to do
this. This account has an empty password.

	login: root
	Password: <ENTER>
	# _

You can (and probably should) set a password then with the "passwd"
command. Add users with the "adduser" or "pw" command.

See "man adduser", "man pw", and "man passwd" for details.

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany