Date:      Wed, 10 May 2000 18:30:22 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Alan Chan <alanux@excite.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   closing port 25 & 111

Hi, I am running a FreeBSD gateway and firewall.  Currently, the
above-referenced ports are open and I wanted to close it.  Can anyone show
me how to close port 25 (SMTP) and 111 (sunrpc)?   By the way, what is port
111 anyway?  I have messaged out SMTP in the file /etc/inetd.conf, but it's
still open when i'm running nmap.  Any reasons why?

Thanks,