Date:      Thu, 4 Jan 2001 12:10:59 +1100 (EST)
From:      Stanley Hopcroft <Stanley.Hopcroft@IPAustralia.Gov.AU>
To:        Tom Samplonius <tom@sdf.com>
Cc:        Tim Gustafson <tim@falconsoft.com>, freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Question Re: Multiple Default Gateways

Dear Sir,

I am writing to thank you for your reply and say

On Wed, 3 Jan 2001, Tom Samplonius wrote:

snip snip snip

>   There is a patch that load balances over multiple destinations for the
> same route.  This is how everyone else defines the behavour of multiple
> destinations per route (aka equal cost routing, or multipathing).

> Tom

Please would you let me know where the "patch" for equal cost
multi-path (ECMP) is located ?

The last I heard from the last ECMP author (Chris Luke) is that his
patch was for 2.2.x and there was nothing available for any later
FreeBSD release.

If you have such a patch I am sure there will be a lot of interest in
it.

Thank you,

Yours sincerely,

S Hopcroft