Date:      Fri, 04 Sep 1998 17:51:13 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Ian Kallen <ian@gamespot.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG, "Jan B. Koum " <jkb@best.com>
Subject:   Re: CAM & current

> My install completed but it doesn't boot, chokes up and dies just as the
> original boot floppy did.  Time to go drink beer.

Well, erm, yes.  Don't forget - the bindist you loaded during the
installation does *not* include Justin's fixes, he merely released an
updated boot.flp.  The kernel you booted from off the hard disk was part
of the (old) bindist and so the expected thing happend.

Now that he knows your system installs with it, however, maybe Justin
can re-roll the bindist or at least give you the patches so that you
can boot into fixit mode with that working floppy, bring up your network
and patch the sources you installed.  Install a new kernel, reboot,
you're on your way to full functionality.

- Jordan