Date:      Fri, 12 Nov 1999 10:21:19 +1300
From:      "Dan Langille" <dan@freebsddiary.org>
To:        "Chris Wasser" <cwasser@v-wave.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: proftpd and authentication failure

What version of FreeBSD?

My initial problem was with 3.1-Release.  That was solved going the non-
PAM route (i.e. "AuthPAMAuthoritative            off" in the proftpd.conf
file).  But last night I installed proftpd on a 3.3-release box.  It ran fine
with PAM.  I added the two lines you indicated.

cheers

--
Dan Langille - DVL Software Limited
The FreeBSD Diary     - http://www.freebsddiary.org/freebsd/