Date:      Thu, 01 Jun 2006 19:08:43 -0500
From:      Derek Ragona <derek@computinginnovations.com>
To:        "Adam M" <linuxbsdunix@gmail.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Adding as a second hard drive

You need to tell us what version of FreeBSD you are running.

You will need to add the drive physically.  You need to choose how the
drive will be used:  single filesystem or multiple filesystems.  What mount
points will you use for these file systems.

In general you will need to partition the new drive drive, then run newfs
on the new partitions to create the file systems.  Once the filesystems are
created you will need to edit /etc/fstab to set the mounting of these
filesystems.  I would recommend you reboot to test the setup of the new mounts.

         -Derek