Date:      Fri, 15 Aug 2003 07:24:59 +0900 (JST)
From:      MATOBA Hirozumi <matoba@st.rim.or.jp>
To:        bob@securesoftware.com
Cc:        nate@root.org
Subject:   Re: clock works slowly when I change CPU speed

 On Thu, 2003-08-14 at 19:50, Nate Lawson wrote:
> This indicates that the problem was introduced in a kernel change between
> Aug 2 and Aug 9 and that acpi is not at fault.  Try searching the cvs-all
> archives between those dates (and perhaps narrowing the date more).

I misunderstand Nate Lawson's words at the first time I read,
but he said about the cvs-all *mailing-list* archive.
And I found the mail about keyword "clock" in it.

I will try going back to before this change (by using cvsup etc).

 From: Bob Fleck <bob@securesoftware.com>
 Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 21:31:13 +0000
| In addition, I had one weird instance where the clock did the opposite
| and increased the speed by the same ratio.  I haven't been able to
| reproduce this yet.  (Maybe starting the system in a lower CPU speed
| setting and then stepping up would cause it.  I will test this.)

I met like as above (but I did not record it in details),
On BIOS setting of "POWER" (maybe this means APM setting),
CPU speed setting is "fixed maximum" now on my ThinkPad A22e,
so booting message of FreeBSD says CPU MHz as maximum speed.
But when I set temporarily BIOS CPU speed as "medium" or something like that,
booting message of FreeBSD said CPU MHz as half of maximum speed,
and snd_ich said "link rate" as *half* of normal frequency.
    (note that when clock works slowly,
     snd_ich says "link rate" as *double* of normal frequenccy)

| Let me know if you want me try anything or pass along configuration
| information.

Thank you, but would you wait for my trial of above files about clock?
I will try it at this night JST :-)

--
matoba@st.rim.or.jp