Date:      Sun, 16 Mar 2014 19:35:45 -0700
From:      Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org>
To:        =?UTF-8?B?5b6Q5b+X6ZSL?= <szive@live.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD-Hackers <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: GSoC:Convert some utilities to emit XML

Hi!

So I've just added libbsdstats to the tree, which some wireless tools
use (tools/tools/net80211/wlanstats is a good exmaple.)

I'd like to extend libbsdstats to have multiple output formats, including x=
ml.

That way we can just "get" xml representations for any tools we
migrate to use libbsdstats.

I was thinking of maybe doing a conversion of iostat to begin with.

The only real downside with libbsdstats as it stands right now is that
it doesn't "know" about dynamic lists of things to display statistics
for, so it can't do the iostat/vmstat thing of listing statistics for
say, two or more disk devices at once. But it'd be good to teach it
that.

Thanks!

-a