Date:      Thu, 21 Mar 2002 08:12:34 -0800
From:      "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
To:        "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Recent -stable panic's on resume

> From: "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
> Date: 21 Mar 2002 16:43:41 +1130
> Sender: owner-freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
>
> I updated my -stable machine last night (20th Mar) and now whenever I
> resume from a suspend to RAM or disk I get this panic ->
> panicstr: page fault
> panic messages:
> ---
> fault virtual address   = 0x30
> fault code              = supervisor read, page not present
> instruction pointer     = 0x8:0xc01ce6b0
> stack pointer           = 0x10:0xc025f97c
> frame pointer           = 0x10:0xc025f984
> code segment            = base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
>                         = DPL 0, pres 1, def32 1, gran 1
> processor eflags        = interrupt enabled, resume, IOPL = 0
> current process         = Idle
> interrupt mask          = net tty bio cam
> trap number             = 12
> panic: page fault
> Uptime: 1h10m51s

Daniel, This crash looks a LOT like one I was seeing while testing
Soren's recent ATA patches on my laptop, although the last set of
patches did not cause the crash. In any case, it looks a lot like an
ATA problem.

Please send-pr this and/or cc: Soren (sos@freebsd.dk) as I don't think
he reads the stable list.

R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer