Date:      Fri, 20 Aug 1999 10:58:46 -0600 (MDT)
From:      David Michaels <rooth@dimensional.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Network tuning?

I'm looking for some FreeBSD network tuning advice.  I recently got a cable
modem, and found all kinds of sites about how to tweak Windblowz to get
maximum throughput out of my new network.  Nothing much out there for
FreeBSD, though, that I've found.  I'm looking for the equivalent of
Soalris's 'ndd', in particular.  Any advice on good numbers to start with
for a cable modem connection would be appreciated, too.

Thanks!

--
    Dave Michaels, Raytheon, Unix SA  |   "I wonder what news is doing..."
   dmichael@redwood.rsc.raytheon.com  | news@newshost <29> ps -fu news