Date:      Thu, 27 Apr 2000 06:40:29 +0530
From:      Rahul Siddharthan <rsidd@physics.iisc.ernet.in>
To:        Damian Ramirez <damian@highway.com.py>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: installing NIS

> Hi,
> I need install NIS service in a PC running FreeBSD 2.2.7-RELEASE, how to obtaing the software?
> Thanks!

The software should be available on the system already. (At least, I
believe so, but I haven't used 2.2.x; certainly everything you want is
there in 3.x.)
Read the man pages (man nis), and also try this tutorial

  http://freebsd.peon.net/cgi-bin/tutorials.html.cgi?file=7

There's another, more detailed tutorial somewhere, but I haven't
preserved the location; try searching the mailing list archives.

Rahul.