Date:      Sun, 11 Jan 1998 17:08:37 -0800 (PST)
From:      Jan Koum <jkb@best.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Netscape out of memory?

	Hi all,

	On one of the several FreeBSD machines I use I get "Netscape out
of memory" pop up window from Netscape after certain period of usage. The
OS is 2.2.x and Netscape is 4.x (I tried different once). I bumped up disk
cache and memory size in netscape's user preference. No luck. I made sure
to do "unlimit" in my csh even. No luck. I even added myself to different
login classes, such as 'root' and 'xuser'. Now, the interesting thing is
that it happeneds when I run xdm, while at home, where I just run X
without xdm I don't have any trouble. Any ideas and clues will be
appreciated. Thanks,

-- yan

P.S. -- If I got into preferences and clear disk and memory cache,
Netscape will run fine a bit more.