Date:      Mon, 08 Nov 2004 18:17:23 +0000
From:      cscott@speakeasy.net
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Filesystem buffer size

I have a server thats sole purpose for existence is serving a fixed group=
 of files from a dedicated filesystem. There is a directory tree with abo=
ut 50K files that is requested in a random order. I have been trying find=
 the correct sysctl variable to dedicate more RAM to the filesystem buffe=
r to reduce the latency in the server caused by the FS reads. Is there su=
ch a variable? What is the variable I should be working with? vfs.maxbufs=
pace is read-only.

TIA
Casey