Date:      Thu, 13 Apr 2000 00:23:38 -0700
From:      Ryan Kennedy <ryank@uidaho.edu>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   RAID support in FreeBSD

Hi,

I was wondering exactly which RAID controllers are supported in FreeBSD
3.x.  I am looking at buying an Adaptec AAA series RAID controller and
wondered if there is driver support for it, or if there even needs to be
driver support for it.  I also need to buy a UPS and wanted to buy one that
can be administered within FreeBSD (ie. automatic shutdown after 5 min. of
no power).  Is there any kind of UPS support like this for FreeBSD that
you're aware of?  Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

Sincerely,

Ryan Kennedy

P.S.  Is the Intel 8460B Ether Express Pro 10/100 supported?  How about the
8461?  I assume both are.   Is one a better choice than the other?  I hear
FreeBSD has good support of S3 chipset graphic cards.  Is this true?