Date:      Tue, 23 Jul 2002 14:43:15 -0400
From:      "Jud" <jud@myrealbox.com>
To:        freebsd@penguinpowered.org.uk
Cc:        tlt@badger.tltodd.com, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Re: building a 4.6-STABLE

-----Original Message-----
From: Wayne Pascoe <freebsd@penguinpowered.org.uk>
To: Terry Todd <tlt@badger.tltodd.com>
Date: 23 Jul 2002 16:34:07 +0000
Subject: Re: building a 4.6-STABLE

Terry Todd <tlt@badger.tltodd.com> writes:

> I have been trying to build a 4.6-STABLE system for the past few days.
>=20
> I have downloaded a complete source tree and ran make world.  It complete=
> with no errors.
>=20
> However, when I run cvsup and then run make world it fails as follows:
> /usr/local/bin/cvsup -g -L 2 -P - /etc/cvsupfile

Stupid suggestion, but it has worked for me in the past. In /usr/src
do a make clean before you do  the make world.

--=20
- Wayne Pascoe  -  http://www.penguinpowered.org.uk/wayne/
    Give me enough medals, and I'll win any war.
    - Napolean
   =20

Two questions:

1. Is the supfile you're using actually=20
/etc/cvsupfile?  What're its contents?  Have you used=20
it before successfully?

2. I'm a newbie in many respects and not at my
FreeBSD machine - what does the -P option do?

Jud