Date:      Wed, 04 Feb 2004 17:58:45 -0500
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        Paul Andrews <andrews@shaw.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Vulnerability check disabled

--=-XfoRwQttbvtGukWjY4Ba

On Wed, 2004-02-04 at 17:52, Paul Andrews wrote:
> Hello,
>=20
> I'm trying to determine whether or not this is a problem. I installed Fre=
eBSD 4.9 today and just cvsup the latest ports tree. Now whenever I try to =
build any port before it started to download any of the files I get the fol=
lowing error:
>=20
> "=3D=3D=3D> Vulnerability check disabled"
>=20
> I have another FreeBSD 4.9 book that I have yet to up-date the tree on, a=
nd I do not get the above message. Is this something I should be concerned =
about or can it be safely ignore, or is this a larger issue?

This message was added last night as part of a change to allow for
dynamic port vulnerability checks if you have security/portaudit port
installed.  The message you see indicates this port is not installed,
and you really shouldn't be alarmed.

Joe