Date:      Tue, 21 Mar 2000 14:14:39 -0500
From:      Chris Parker <parkerc@cs.rpi.edu>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: spontaneous reboots FreeBSD 3.x and 4.0-stable

OK, I don't have quite the same setup but I do seem to suffer from the
spontaneous reboot problem - with a twist.

It only happens when I'm in X.  Happens every couple of days.  Mine is
an Abit BP6 motherboard with dual Celeron 400s, 256MB RAM.  I'm not
using vinum, I'm not using anything spiffy other than a USB keyboard.
Everything locks for a second and then *boom* reboot.

And then I get this after kernel.config q's out:

avail memory = 256589824 (250576K bytes)
Programming 24 pins in IOAPIC #0
IOAPIC #0 intpin 2 -> irq 0
IOAPIC #0 intpin 16 -> irq 10
IOAPIC #0 intpin 18 -> irq 11
IOAPIC #0 intpin 19 -> irq 5
AP #1 (PHY# 1) failed!
panic y/n? [y] panic: bye-bye
mp_lock = 00000001; cpuid = 0; lapic.id = 00000000
Uptime: 0s

"neat."

It didn't do this under 3.4.

Any ideas?

.chris

--
Chris Parker
Department of Computer Science                Graduate Student, Labstaff