Date:      Mon, 17 May 1999 15:52:30 -0500
From:      Bob Willcox <bob@luke.pmr.com>
To:        Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
Cc:        Bob Willcox <bob@pmr.com>, current list <freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: panic: page fault (apparently caused by mount_mfs)

On Mon, May 17, 1999 at 01:47:59PM -0700, Matthew Jacob wrote:

> > > I use mfs a lot and have had no trouble whatsoever. I'm using:
> > >
> > > swap                    /tmp            mfs     rw,-s=200000    0       0
> > >
> > > Do you suppose that the usage of /dev/da0s1b directly is what's causing
> > > some trouble?
> >
> > Unfortunately, changing from /dev/da0s1b to swap didn't help.  I also
> > tried it without the nosuid option but it still panics.
> >

> Hmm. Is MFS a module as Luoqi keeps mentioning? How much real memory do
> you have?

I believe it is in the kernel (the GENERIC kernel includes it as well as
my customized kernel config file).

This system has 256MB.

> See- it's been working fine for me!

Yep.  I am going to try re-checking out all of the current sources and
see if that helps.  Perhaps something is hosed with my source tree.

Thanks,
Bob

--
Bob Willcox             The man who follows the crowd will usually get no
bob@luke.pmr.com        further than the crowd.  The man who walks alone is