Date:      Sat, 13 Sep 1997 11:11:52 +0900 (JST)
From:      Arizona Coyote <coyote@ratbert.aisol.net>
To:        Don Wilde <don@PartsNow.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Navigator Beta 4.03b8

Hi,

I am using 4.03b8 and I see a Proxy and Cache section.  From Edit select
Preferences.  Click on "Advanced" and make sure the triangle is pointing
*down* not to the right.  There should be a sub-menu under Advanced with
Cache and Proxies.  The Preferences hierarchy on mine looks like this when
fully expanded:

  Appearance
    Fonts
    Colors
  Navigator
    Languages
    Applications
  Identity
    Cache
    Proxies

About the library revision number warnings, I am also running 2.2.2.  The
warnings should be harmless.  The 4.03b8 version of Navigator was probably
compiled on a machine running 3.0 becuase when I run it on another box
running 3.0, I don't get the warnings.

Hope this helps,

Mark

On Fri, 12 Sep 1997, Don Wilde wrote:

> I just dl the beta of the standalone browser fron Netscape. Although it
> gave me warnings about several of the library revision #, it seems to
> function properly except for one thing: there is no Proxy or Cache
> preference screen, which makes it useless for me at work because we use
> a firewall. Can someone else who has dl this verify that this version
> does not have proxy support? The help screens talk about it, but then,
> they also mention Windoze...
>
> I'm running 2.2.2 off the CD.

Mark Andres               E-mail: coyote@ratbert.aisol.net
  / 100% Microsoft Free thanks to NetBSD and FreeBSD! \
         Mac Centris 650: NetBSD 1.2-current
        IBM ThinkPad 220: FreeBSD 3.0-current
Macintosh IIcx: NetBSD 1.2.1 | http://bullwinkle.aisol.net/