Date:      Wed, 23 Oct 1996 15:45:24 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@glue.umd.edu>
To:        Tom Cassiotis <tom@caseware.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.com
Subject:   Re: Typhoon

On Wed, 23 Oct 1996, Tom Cassiotis wrote:

>  I was wondering if anyone has ported Typhoon DBMS?
>
> If not maybe someone can help me with the following problem:
>
> Version: FreeBSD 2.1.0-Release

>         sprintf(dbdname, "%s.dbd", db->name);
>         key = ftok(dbdname, 30);
>
>         if( (db->shm_id = shmget(key, sizeof(TyphoonSharedMemory), 0)) == -1 ) {
> key == 503615776
> sizeof == 120
>
> The filename that is passed to ftok exists and has proper right.
>
> The stack trace is as follows:
>
> #0  0x8046975 in shmsys ()
> #1  0x803cdf0 in shmget.so ()
> #2  0xd3e0 in shm_alloc (db=0x119e8) at unix.c:205
> #3  0xba8d in d_open (dbname=0xefbfdafb "test", mode=0x2fd1 "s")
>     at ty_open.c:406
> #4  0x3030 in Import (dbname=0xefbfdafb "test") at import.c:497
> #5  0x3476 in main (argc=2, argv=0xefbfda98) at import.c:589
>
> The man pages on shmget seem to be misleading as to the last parameter.  It
> describes variable names that do not exist in the header file.

Do you have the following defined in your kernel config file, so that you
have a valid shmget call?

#
# These three options provide support for System V Interface
# Definition-style interprocess communication, in the form of shared
# memory, semaphores, and message queues, respectively.
#
options         SYSVSHM
options         SYSVSEM
options         SYSVMSG