Date:      Fri, 9 Oct 1998 11:30:59 +0200
From:      Johann Visagie <wjv@cityip.co.za>
To:        Greg Skouby <gskouby@sitesnow.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Verifying DMI Pool Data

On Thu, 08 Oct 1998 at 18:08 SAT, Greg Skouby wrote:

> When I attempt to boot the machine I get the Verifying DMI Pool Data
> mesage and it just sits there, it doesn't go any farther. However, I can
> stick a boot floppy in and it works just fine, I am able to boot off the
> hard drive. I posted to the list a couple of months ago but nobody
> answered my question. Does anybody know what I can do to fix this problem?
> Thank you very much for your time.

Not an operating-system related problem, I think.  Make sure that your BIOS
knows the correct geometry for your hard drive(s).  Ensure that the drives
are physically working (power, etc.)  What is not clear from your mail is
whether you can access those hard drive(s) when you boot from the floppy...?

-- V

Johann Visagie | wjv@CityIP.co.za | Tel: +27 21 419-7878 | ICQ: 20645559