Date:      Wed, 6 Nov 2002 12:19:17 -0600
From:      "KizerSoze" <kizersoze@sbcglobal.net>
To:        "Kirk R. Wythers" <kwythers@umn.edu>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: backups - setting up amanda

I personally don't use amanda but invoke a backup script from a cron job
which runs every nite on at 2 on specified directorys and tar's them to tape
and then rewinds.  Read the tar manpage for the specifics.

For example..if you want to backup your /etc with your backup device being
/dev/ast0 and rewind the tape when done you would use /dev/rast0

No rewind uses /dev/nrast0

Also read the man page on mt.

You should be able to do all of this yourself without using amanda.

Good Luck,

Ed