Date:      Thu, 11 Nov 1999 16:14:01 -0600
From:      "Alejandro Ramirez" <ales@megared.net.mx>
To:        "David Reid" <dlreid@netcom.ca>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: HELP: problem?  ppp starts up automatically

Hi,

    Maybe some of your process needs network connectivity, and they fired up
the ppp process, it could be a dns recursion, it could be an e-mail in the
queue, it could be an xntpd thing, it could be a routed thing, it could
be... , lots of thing could fire up your ppp connection, take a look at your
system, and find out what did really fired up your connection.

Have Fun...
Ales