Date:      Fri, 05 May 2000 11:48:28 +0200
From:      Olaf Hoyer <ohoyer@fbwi.fh-wilhelmshaven.de>
To:        Vincent Poy <vince@oahu.WURLDLINK.NET>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Hard Disk Data Recovery

At 16:06 04.05.00 -1000, you wrote:
>	Has anyone had a hard disk head crash and needed to use a Data
>Recovery company?  Anyone have any recommendations for good ones that are
>economical or is Ontrack the only choice?

Hi!

Ontrack is the one that is well known.

A german mag tested some companies with prepared HDDs, and they came to the
result that in most cases the big four (in germany) were equal, only differ
in service.
IIRC it was the c't or the PC Intern, I'll look that up when there is
concrete need...

Regards
Olaf Hoyer
--------
Olaf Hoyer	 www.nightfire.de                mailto:Olaf.Hoyer@nightfire.de
FreeBSD- Turning PC's into workstations   ICQ:22838075

Liebe und Hass sind nicht blind, aber geblendet vom Feuer,
dass sie selber mit sich tragen. (Nietzsche)