Date:      Tue, 2 Jul 2002 14:01:40 -0400
From:      "ro0t" <root@unixhideout.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: counter strike server

I had a fairly good Sdsl line from choiceone.net, It was 600 up and 600
down. but when i got dossed "supposedly it took out two of their colos" I
think they are liars. They turned around and shut me off rather then fix the
problem. I handed them snnort logs of all the attacking ips. wasnt good
enough for them. Tech monkeys. I didnt talk to one person at choiceone that
understood what a dos attack was. I had to explain it to them. I had two
static ips, and two FreeBSD boxes. which were .com and .net for my domain My
network was sweet i mean i was happy with it. I had a router setup for each
static IP. didnt help. i run it all out of my bedroom so i cant go too nuts.
Now i run a lot of services for my lan like squid for example, and one
server for the net. my current provider is directtvdsl. The download is a
lot faster but the upload hurts at around 400k  =[ i get a lot of support
for my site and people offering to host it for me but i wouldnt do it. Takes
all the fun away of doing it myself. I'm sure youll get your XFree86 problem
fixed if you didnt already. This list is great. I think it's best feature is
how i can just kick back and read the emails, and see others problems, and
how people tellt hem to fix it. It's a wealth of information.