Date:      Wed, 28 Nov 2007 18:32:39 +0000
From:      brad davison <demonichandextensions@hotmail.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: apple bonjour served up on FBSD

the mDNSResponder port is up to date (moreso than even the apple download s=
ite) so i installed that with the port.

it requires swig13 port as well.. which installed from the port just fine.

after you get all that installed and working w/o errors, there is a bonjour=
 python script set that will at least test the functionality and get it reg=
istered for services.  I am still in the 'finding out' stages for this.  I =
will post my findings that might help someone else on their journey..

> From: demonichandextensions@hotmail.com
> To: freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
> Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 17:49:05 +0000
> Subject: apple bonjour served up on FBSD
>=20
>=20
> I am going to be making my BSD server at home available to my wife's macb=
ook running Leopard.
>=20
> I am planning on implementing one of the mDNSResponder systems, but I am =
having some issues deciding which one to use.
>=20
> I have found the mDNSResponder from apple itself.
>=20
> I have also found (in no particular order)=20
> avahi-server
> p5-Net-Rendezvous
>=20
> My end goal is a server that will be able to share out iTunes and a print=
er to a Bonjour network.
>=20
> Does anyone have a suggestion on a recent setup?
>=20
>=20

http://www.windowslive.com/connect.html?ocid=3DTXT_TAGLM_Wave2_newways_1120=
07=