Date:      Thu, 3 Oct 1996 20:01:16 +0200
From:      roberto@keltia.freenix.fr (Ollivier Robert)
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Which inews for trn (NNTP)

According to Keith Mitchell:
> Which inews should be used to use trn over NNTP.  I used the one from inn,
> but that doesn't work very well with moderated newsgroups.  It wants the
> moderators file to exist on the local machine.  Is there one I can use that
> will use NNTP for this??

There is a mini-inews in nn if I remember well. The one from INN works
well, just put

##  $Revision: 1.4 $
##  Mailing addresses for moderators.
##  Format:
##	<newsgroup>:<pathname>
##  First match found is used.
##	<newsgroup>	Shell-style newsgroup pattern or specific newsgroup
##	<pathname>	Mail address, "%s" becomes newgroup name with dots
##			changed to dashes.
#
*:%s@moderators.univ-lyon1.fr

For USA, putting @moderators.uu.net is probably more efficient. I don't
have the precise list of @moderators.* sites but you may want to check
news.answers for this.

Trn v4.0 has another inews which shares the NNTP connection with TRN but it
is still alpha.
--
Ollivier ROBERT    -=- The daemon is FREE! -=-    roberto@keltia.freenix.fr
FreeBSD keltia.freenix.fr 2.2-CURRENT #23: Sun Sep 29 14:56:23 MET DST 1996