Date:      Tue, 20 Apr 2004 14:48:26 +0100
From:      Pete French <petefrench@keithprowse.com>
To:        altares@e-card.bg, kris@obsecurity.org
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HTT and SMP question

> Would you please point out some cases when HTT with machdep.hlt_logical_cpus=0
> causes worse performance than machdep.hlt_logical_cpus=1?

Doing a large 'make' does it for me - small difference, but measurable.
I get the best poerformance by compiling out SMP alltogether though.
As my machine spends most of its time doing 'make' then for me it's worth
removing it entirely (aside from the fact that my machine isnt stable
under HTT)

-pcf.