Date:      Wed, 27 Nov 2002 13:12:03 -0800
From:      BSD baby <bsd@hitmedia.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: any advice before I buy a printer for FreeBSD?

THANKS to everyone for all the help.

I got an HP LaserJet 1200 PostScript ready printer for $375 USD.

Installed /usr/ports/print/apsfilter

Answered some basic setup questions - and it works great!

If you use apsfilter, you don't even need to do the basic /etc/printcap
settings from the FreeBSD manual.  It creates it for you.

THIS WORKS GREAT:
lpr SomeAcrobatFile.pdf

Voila.  Way easier than I expected.