Date:      Thu, 23 Apr 1998 19:06:40 -0700
From:      Don Morrison <dmorrisn@u.washington.edu>
To:        Dave Bender <bendede@startribune.com>
Cc:        "'freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Recognizing SoundBlaster CD-ROM

> I'm having trouble getting FreeBSD installed. The OS doesn't seem to recognize the CD-ROM, which I had hoped to use and, in fact, install from.
>
> I have an older SoundBlaster (Creative Labs) CD-ROM. I'm choosing the Matsushita/Panasonic/Creative CDROM option in the installation configuration program and I'm changing the PORT address to 220.
>
> Am I missing something obvious, or is this not a supported CD ROM?

Check your model number against the those listed as supported in the handbook. (http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/handbook.html)  Not all of the matsushita drives (not all of the different
models/revisions) are supported by the matsushita cdrom driver.  I am using a matsushita drive which is only usable through the ATAPI interface and not the matcd driver.