Date:      Fri, 15 Jun 2001 04:08:14 -0500 (EST)
From:      Kenneth Karoliussen <kenneth@karoliussen.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:    ch driver/chio problem

Hi,

we currently have a Dell Powervault 130T media changer that we use on FreeBSD
4.3-S with the ch-driver.

The driver or chio tool seem to partial work with this device, but there seem to be
some problems with a few of the commands for chio (especially 'move' and 'voltag').

# chio status
picker 0:
slot 0: <ACCESS>
slot 1: <ACCESS,FULL>
slot 2: <ACCESS>
slot 3: <ACCESS>
slot 4: <ACCESS>
slot 5: <ACCESS>
slot 6: <ACCESS>
slot 7: <ACCESS>
slot 8: <ACCESS>
slot 9: <ACCESS>
slot 10: <ACCESS>
slot 11: <ACCESS>
slot 12: <ACCESS>
slot 13: <ACCESS>
slot 14: <ACCESS>
slot 15: <ACCESS>
slot 16: <ACCESS>
slot 17: <ACCESS>
slot 18: <ACCESS>
slot 19: <ACCESS>
slot 20: <ACCESS>
slot 21: <ACCESS>
slot 22: <ACCESS>
slot 23: <ACCESS>
slot 24: <ACCESS>
slot 25: <ACCESS>
slot 26: <ACCESS>
slot 27: <ACCESS>
slot 28: <ACCESS>
portal 0: <INEAB,EXENAB,ACCESS>
drive 0: <FULL>
drive 1: <ACCESS>

# chio move drive 0 slot 0
chio: /dev/ch0: CHIOMOVE: Invalid argument

Performing this operation from slot [x] to drive [x] seem to work perfectly, but
the not the other way.

We've been looking around for other with the same problem, without any luck.
If you have any experience which such device(s), I hope you may enlighten us
what the problem acutally is.

Best Regards,
Kenneth Karoliussen