Date:      Tue, 23 Nov 1999 22:28:13 -0500
From:      Christopher Masto <chris@netmonger.net>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG, security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ps on 4.0-current

On Wed, Nov 24, 1999 at 12:54:15AM +0100, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
> I'm personally leaning towards the opinion that the argv is public
> property and should be visible, but then again, I can see the point
> in hiding it in some circumstances.
>
> I'll stick a sysctl in there which defaults to the "open" position
> and people who need to hide it can set it to "close" to do so.

Please.  Thank you.

Not everyone wears the sysadmin hat with the face shield and gas mask,
as much as it may currently be in style.  If it can work both ways,
even better.
--
Christopher Masto         Senior Network Monkey      NetMonger Communications
chris@netmonger.net        info@netmonger.net        http://www.netmonger.net

Free yourself, free your machine, free the daemon -- http://www.freebsd.org/