Date:      Mon, 15 Mar 1999 20:32:07 -0500
From:      Laurence Berland <stuyman@confusion.net>
To:        Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
Cc:        Kazutaka YOKOTA <yokota@zodiac.mech.utsunomiya-u.ac.jp>, "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: What do people think of May 1st for a 3.2 release date?

Although those in other nations have been on a lag schedule for releases,
that just means they'd get the 3.2 CDs later than those of us in the US, so
they'd have the same spacing.  I'm all for a 3.2, since my pitiful 33.6
modem makes CVSUP and the like a major chore.  Remember, people don't HAVE
to buy the CD, but it seems that it'd be worth it for those of us who
prefer to, so I'd say May 1st is a good date for 3.2.  That would put them
in the UK about halfway thru may if the lag holds its consistency, that's
halfway to june already anyway.

Just my .02 cents (that's right  2 hundreths of a cent, I don't have much
to spare)

Brian Somers wrote:

> > The 3.1-RELEASE is only one month old and users are just starting to
> > install it on their machines.  We have had a bunch of initial
> > problem/bug reports, and I expect more complaints/reports/suggestions
> > will come in the next few weeks.  We shall need a bit of time to sort
> > these things out...
> >
> > I would suggest June 1st.
>
> I agree.  The 3.1 discs just arrived in the UK last Saturday.
>
> > Kazu
>
> --
> Brian <brian@Awfulhak.org> <brian@FreeBSD.org> <brian@OpenBSD.org>
>       <http://www.Awfulhak.org>;
> Don't _EVER_ lose your sense of humour !

Laurence Berland, Stuyvesant HS Debate

Windows 98: n.
        useless extension to a minor patch release for
        32-bit extensions and a graphical shell for a
        16-bit patch to an 8-bit operating system
        originally coded for a 4-bit microprocessor,
        written by a 2-bit company that can't stand for
        1 bit of competition.
http://stuy.debate.net
icq #7434346                    aol imer E1101