Date:      Tue, 14 Jun 2005 00:01:17 +0200
From:      Adriaan de Groot <groot@kde.org>
To:        freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: What kind of MotherBoard is better for FreeBsd and linux?

On Monday 13 June 2005 15:27, you wrote:
> > People should report what they know to work. We should
> > probably get rid of the "functional" and "fully
> > functional"... OR define what "fully functional"
> > means.

This was the important bit of my message: if "fully functional" means "the
bits I care about worked" then there's just not much point in putting it up
there.

> The reason SATA was untested was that I found there were
> issues getting RAID to raid to work on the Sil chips, just
> from reading this list.

Oh, so did I. This was one of the few times I've received a new box and
thought "oh, crap", since I knew it just wasn't going to work, not for the
purposes I have for it. Well, modulo the amount of effort I wanted to put
into it. (Gosh, but Scott has an nForce4 board working "just fine", so maybe
6-CURRENT _is_ the way to go.)

--
These are your friends - Adem
    GPG: FEA2 A3FE Adriaan de Groot