Date:      Thu, 25 Mar 1999 09:55:38 -0500 (EST)
From:      Snob Art Genre <benedict@echonyc.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   3.0-RELEASE to 3.1-STABLE

So, I installed 3.0-RELEASE, and I'd like to upgrade to 3.1-STABLE.

I've been off the lists for a bit due to lack of time, though I'm
reading -hackers again (at the expense of BUGTRAQ, sigh).  What's the
deal with standard-supfile and stable-supfile?  I would think that
standard would get 4.0 and stable would get 3.x, but the stable-supfile
shipped with 3.0 has references to 2.x.

Also, where can I find docs on setting up the new bootblocks?  I cvsup'd
using the standard-supfile, and when I built a new kernel, make warned
me that I'd better get my bootblocks right before installing it.
However, the web page that the makefile pointed me to was not so
helpful.

Are there any changes I need to make in /etc by hand to come up to 3.1
from 3.0?

Thanks in advance.

 Ben

"You have your mind on computers, it seems."