Date:      Wed, 15 Oct 2014 08:46:14 +0100
From:      David Carlier <david.carlier@hardenedbsd.org>
To:        Baptiste Daroussin <bapt@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PIE/PIC support on base

In first place, we might consider the usual attack targets :

/bin/(c)sh
/sbin/sendmail
/bin/ntp
/sbin/dhclient
/secure/usr.sbin/sshd .... sendmail, ntp, sshd etc ... are quite sensitive
and popular services, hence applying PIE (+ ASLR) will prevent attacks by
this bias.
/sbin/casperd (hence lib/libcapsicum|libcasper with pic ...) ... as FreeBSD
is getting more popularity, such specific FreeBSD's security components
might become an appealing target attack.

I may have other suggestions in mind (like /sbin/(jail|jexec ... etc) but
these are the first step stones.

Kind regards.