Date:      Wed, 9 Apr 2003 00:51:24 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Daniel Eischen <eischen@pcnet1.pcnet.com>
To:        "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
Cc:        Freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 11G cards

On Tue, 8 Apr 2003, M. Warner Losh wrote:

> In message: <3E91F7AC.B992B40C@macteks.com>
>             "Bill Wadsworth (250-539-3196)" <admin@macteks.com> writes:
> : Has anyone tried to get an 11 G card to work with Host AP? Netgear's 11G card uses the prism
> : chipset.
>
> Hmmmm, got a model number?

FWIW, the Dlink G650 also seems to have a PRISM chipset.
There seem to be 2 models; the A1 and the B1.  The A1 uses
a PRISM chipset, while the B1 uses a Broadcom chipset which
I don't think we support.  This is according to the Windows
XP driver .inf files.  The A1 is vendor 1260 and device 3890
and has PRISM all over the PRISMNIC.inf file.

Too bad there doesn't seem to be a way to tell whether you're
going to get the A1 or the B1.  Dlink tells you how to tell
them apart, but try asking any on-line vendor...  I'd grab
one if I knew it was the A1.

--
Dan Eischen