Date:      Wed, 21 Jan 1998 17:25:16 -0800
From:      Jonathan Mini <j_mini@efn.org>
To:        "Ben Kirkpatrick, ELI" <blkirk@float.eli.net>
Cc:        Tom Bartol <bartol@salk.edu>, Snob Art Genre <benedict@echonyc.com>, Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>, Andrzej Bialecki <abial@nask.pl>, Jonathan Mini <j_mini@efn.org>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ANNOUNCE: One-floppy FreBSD + rich networking

Ben Kirkpatrick, ELI <blkirk@float.eli.net> stands accused of saying:
>    Couldn't this be overcome by including DOS FS support and using some
> space out of C:\TEMP .  Swapfiles could be accomplished in the sameway
> with vnode support.  (Leo's getting Largerrrr!)

  Two problems : you loose the advantages of a read-only setup if you use a
hard drive :) And Secondly, msdosfs doesn't have permissions.

  Not to mention that if it did, you could still reboot into DOS and midify
the files. This is not secure. If you want to use HD space, just make a FFS
partition.

--
Jonathan Mini 					Ingenious Productions
Software Development				P.O. Box 5693,

 "A child of five could understand this! Quick -- Fetch me a child of five."