Date:      Thu, 8 May 2003 08:54:10 -0500
From:      "Cagle, John (ISS-Houston)" <john.cagle@hp.com>
To:        "David Landgren" <david@landgren.net>, =?iso-8859-1?Q?Dennis_Kj=E6r_Jensen?= <signout@signout.dk>, <obrien@freebsd.org>, "Matthew N. Dodd" <mdodd@FreeBSD.ORG>, "Holger Kipp" <Holger.Kipp@alogis.com>, "Will Saxon" <WillS@housing.ufl.edu>, "Don Bowman" <don@sandvine.com>, "Wilko Bulte" <wkb@freebie.xs4all.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: HP ProLiant DL360G3 rebuttal... ;-)

First of all, thank you to everone for their responses on this topic.  I =
had no intention of instigating such a long thread when I sent the first =
email, and I apologize that this post is off topic for -current.

That said, I guess this would be a good time to let the cat out of the =
bag:

Over the past 6 months, we (the HP ProLiant software team) have been =
working with Peter Wemm and Paul Saab to develop a basic ProLiant health =
driver for FreeBSD.  The new driver leverages portions of our Unix and =
Linux health drivers.  We will be making this available soon to the =
larger FreeBSD community as a beta test.  The driver will not be =
officially supported or warrantied by HP, but we will do our best to =
make sure it works and is useful.  I will send an email to -current to =
announce its availability.

Thanks again to Peter and Paul.  Without their help this would not have =
been possible!

Please send any followup questions directly to my email address.

Thanks,
John
John Cagle     john.cagle@hp.com
Principal Member Technical Staff