Date:      Wed, 21 Nov 2001 18:45:08 -0600
From:      Alfred Perlstein <bright@mu.org>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
Cc:        arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Kernel Thread scheduler

* Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org> [011121 18:40] wrote:

> Peter, John (Baldwin) and I got to gether yesterday and thrashed
> out the mechanisms behind the KSE/thread scheduler.
> This allows us to go ahead and start coding again, now that we know what
> we are aiming at.
>
> Here is the basic mechanism.
[snip]

Since my request is about one one thousandth as complex as this I'm
just going to ask:

Will this stuff be usable as a lightweight mechanism inside the kernel?

Case in point, could nfsd be changed to only have one process (instead
of many) while still being able to block and get an upcall?

-Alfred