Date:      Mon, 21 Jul 1997 12:18:34 -0200 (GRNLNDDT)
From:      ormonde@trem.cnt.org.br (Rodrigo Ormonde)
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   keepalive time interval

  Hello.

  I'm writing a daemon process that listens to connections on a socket. I
don't want to have my daemon waiting forever to receive data from a dead
client, so I'm using the SO_KEEPALIVE option on the socket. The problem is
that the default time that the system waits until it discover that the
client no longer exists is too long for my needs.

  Is there a way to change this default time by a system call ? If it's not
possible, could someone point me what I have to change in the kernel source
code to reduce this value ?

  Thanks in advance.

  P.S. Please send a copy of the answers to me, I'm not on the list.

--
Rodrigo de La Rocque Ormonde
e-mail: ormonde@cnt.org.br

-> Turn your PC into a workstation - Use FreeBSD ! <-