Date:      Sun, 7 Jun 1998 20:05:55 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jason Evans <jasone@canonware.com>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kkennawa@physics.adelaide.edu.au>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 'make buildworld' failure for one week.

On Mon, 8 Jun 1998, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> > mozart:/usr/src# BINFORMAT=ELF time make buildworld
>                    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> -current isnt yet ready for elf-buildworlds unless you know what you're
> doing. A message by Lee Cremeans popped up directly after yours where he
> described the same failure point in his attempts to compile an elf-world.
>
> Remove the BINFORMAT=ELF and you should be able to bootstrap up to
> current using the age-old aout format (and then convert to elf down the
> track when support becomes finalized)

Actually, I added the BINFORMAT=ELF variable because there was breakage in
some of the makefiles that caused hard failures when BINFORMAT isn't
defined.  I don't know for sure if that's still there, but it was a week
ago.

I'm now in the (very slow) process of installing 980520-SNAP over my
modem, so I'm taking the easy way out (I hope). =)

Jason

Jason Evans Email: [jasone@canonware.com]
Web: [http://www.canonware.com/~jasone]
Home phone: [(650) 856-8204]
Work phone: [(408) 774-8007]
Quote: ["Invention is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration" - Thomas Edison]