Date:      Wed, 11 Sep 2002 22:56:17 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Peter Leftwich <Hostmaster@Video2Video.Com>
To:        FreeBSD LIST <FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.Org>
Subject:   xauth (round 2)

When I startx I quickly see this error:

xauth: (argv):1:  bad display name "myhost-here.san.rr.com:0" in "list" command
xauth: (argv):1:  bad display name "myhost-here.san.rr.com:0" in "add" command

The manpage for xauth says to either create a ~/.Xauthority file (my
/etc/tty file has ttyv8 off and used to specify xdm) or to setenv the
variable XAUTHORITY but the manpage doesn't discuss the format for this.

Gnome further instructs me to add dhcp.myhost.etc.com to /etc/hosts!  Ugh.

Anyone?

--
Peter Leftwich
President & Founder